Monday, May 3, 2010

nearing the... end?

A year ago, I was very, very, VERY tired of being pregnant. Luckily, I am not very tired of my children. I hear they stick around awhile.

And as much as I will miss their babyhood and as much as a part of my wants them to stay small forever, a very large part of me wants them to be old enough to STOP POOPING IN THE TUB. Seriously! It's a major mess. And while you clean it out, what do you do with two naked babes who still have crusty pudding in their hair?

In other news, Lily is almostalmostalmost crawling. SO close!!! She will wiggle and squirm and squeal and roll enough to propel herself a few inches at a time. A couple times today she even did the face-plant-and-leg-push thing that Noah did at first. I don't think it'll be long now. She may yet be a crawler before she's a year old!

Not much else has happened lately, although birthday preparations are in full swing. I have decided to opt for a mommy-made cake, with high hopes for its appearance. So we'll see how it goes. Otherwise, here are a few pictures of things lately...

What's more fun than having pink piggies on your clothes? REALIZING that you have pink piggies on your clothes, of course!


It got warm enough yesterday that we broke out the little turtle pool I found on clearance last fall. The babies kind of liked it... I think. Lil was a bit chilly--she was covered in teensy baby gooesbumps for awhile until she got used to it. As a bonus, the turtle squirts water out its head. The kiddos didn't feel like the squirting was necessarily a bonus.



Why does baby-friendly food have to be soooo messy?


Just hangin' in the swing like big people...


Lately, Noah has been sticking his rear end up in the air sometime around 1 a.m. When Mommy checks on him around 11, he's lying flat. When Daddy comes home late from work and checks on him, he looks like this:

One of Noah's favorite things these days--opening and closing the gate. Or any door. Or anything that remotely resembles a door.


2 comments:

Shawna said...

Ah, tub pooping. One of Jenna's favorites. In fact, she did it so often that if she toots in the tub, even now, she exclaims, "No poopin' in da tub!" What a foul child... ;)

Unknown said...

Cody vomits in the tub. I can appreciate your frustration.