Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a little birthday bashing goes a long way

Okay, I've given up. The twins turned 2 almost a MONTH ago, and we had their birthday party two weeks before that. And I STILL have not documented it here. Of course, selling a house, finishing out a very busy school year, and moving into a new house don't leave a lot of time for extra things. So my perfect birthday post is just not going to happen. Instead, you get the smattering of pictures that I managed to upload a few weeks ago, before my lack of free time truly spiraled out of control. I think I can get the basic idea across, although there was so much more that happened...

Noah checking out his birthday cake, mid-creation. He was very handsy.



Noah's train, and Lily's butterfly cake.


Despite hours of practicing for the big moment with bubble wands, Lily could not be convinced to blow out her candles with an audience.



Noah could! His aim was worse, though, on account of his grabby arms having to be held down.


For those interested, red food coloring comes out with Oxi clean pre-wash spray!







Family birthday portrait. This is when we figured out that Lily could smile on command.




Lily with her Gemma and her stash of presents, birthday bashers in the background.




And Grandad, about half an hour post-party:


No comments: