Wednesday, July 22, 2009

two months in

Surely it's been more than two months than the babies were born, right? Surely it's been hundreds and thousands of days of diapers and Boppies and bottles and smiles in the morning. Right? Did I really have a different life two months ago?

I think it's safe to say that we've adjusted to being parents. Not that we know what we're doing all the time, or even half the time... but the idea has definitely had time to sink in. I've had a couple of "aha!" moments where I was looking at one of the babies and all of a sudden it hit me that they were mine. Weird feeling, but very cool.

It's amazing how much they've changed in the past two months, too. Lily has gained three and a half pounds, weighing in yesterday at 8 lbs, 14 oz. And Noah has more than doubled his birth weight, coming in at a whopping 10 lbs, 9 oz! Noah is now at the 11th percentile for his weight, but they're not on the charts yet for length or head circumference... gotta take it one step at a time though, I guess! At least Lily's head is finally big enough for those little stretchy headbands, so people can stop asking me if they are both boys. They are holding their heads up much better, smiling all the time, and making all kinds of noises. Noah gave the nurse a HUGE smile yesterday at the doctor's office... right before she gave him his shots. And Lily is so fun every morning. I un-swaddle her and lay her on the changing table, and she immediately starts kicking, flailing, looking around wide-eyed, and cooing and smiling. It almost makes 5:30 a.m. a bearable hour to be alive.

Two month old bebes, reclining in their Boppies. Lily is looking at me like I'm crazy, probably for putting her little headband on when we weren't going anywhere.

Their head control has also gotten good enough for us to be able to use their Bumbo chairs, which is fun. They like being able to sit up and look around more and more. I love the way Lily has her arm out like she's just reclining. Noah looks like he's having trouble bending in the middle--possibly due to his enormous tummy:


Scott is sticking her tongue out at Lily--she stares at it, but doesn't yet appear to get offended.

2 comments:

Mike and Cymbre said...

I love Lily's arm in the Bumbo! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

What the heck is a Boppy? Back in my day as an infant we reclined on hard cement with a used disco ball for a pillow.