Tuesday, August 18, 2009

looooots of pictures




Okay, I'm FINALLY getting to post the pictures from our trip that was now two weeks ago!! I can't believe it has taken me this long. I've literally been uploading pictures here and there for two or three DAYS, whenever I have a spare minute. Part of this is because I've started working again. But mostly, this is because Scott's mom ("Gemma") takes her job as Family Documenter very seriously. Very, VERY seriously. There were literally hundreds of pictures to sort through. But while it is a lot, I am very glad that there are people who are better at remembering to take pictures than I am. Because I look back at pictures like this:
and this:

...and I am very glad I am not the only one in charge of taking pictures. How on EARTH can they change so fast and not be morphing right before my eyes??

Anyway, on to our trip. Lily is having a very important science lesson about trees:


Doesn't Noah look contemplative? Probably contemplating what bark would taste like. (Why won't these people ever feed me??)


Gemma, Granddad, and twins in their Sunday best. Noah is particularly unimpressed with the proceedings. In other words, he's hungry.



And yet another picture of babies in Sunday clothes. Noah is beginning to wonder if he will ever eat again...


Scott's aunt Ann picked up Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls at Cracker Barrell. It was so fun to see the babies get so intrigued by them!


Lily was absolutely captivated by her doll. I hope this does not signify an early interest in excessive makeup and dyed hair...


Scott and I rode his dad's motorcycle while we were visiting:

This was my favorite part (getting off). Sorry, Scott. Tooooo windy for me.


Granddad and Gemma held a get-together for relatives to come visit the kiddos. (We have tons of pictures of everybody holding babies, but I think I've already expressed how weary I am of uploading pictures--so please don't be offended if you're not pictured!)

Lily is learning to multitask--here she is napping while attending her own party:


Noah is not quite as adventurous and didn't sleep the entire afternoon and early evening. As a result, he spent most of the day looking fairly bleary-eyed, but appeared to thoroughly enjoy his party.
Lily looooved spending time on the hammock with Granddad:

Happy Noah! He will probably be mortified of this picture when he is seven--how much pink can a little guy take?


We got to visit both of Scott's grandmothers, who were staying in the same facility at the time.


Noah found his Great-Granny to be a very suitable mattress. (Apparently Reed wasn't as comfortable...)


And onward, to a cacophony of matching outfits! We had to do a little finagling to get them both in the Ralph Lauren outfits their Great-Aunt Susie got them. (Noah is fat. He also thinks he looks too preppy.)



Here they are (though you can't tell) in onesies that both proclaim "I'm the best!" --courtesy of (aunt) Liz and (uncle) Reed.


... and Mommy's shining star, and Daddy's little sunshine. Complete with two little faces that are clearly tired of being dressed up and wedged into the same Boppy.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw these photos back when but didn't manage to post a comment at the moment. How fun to see the photos and the witty commentary! I love the Ralph Lauren photo and comment the best!!